Downloading the code
A .zip version of the code is available here.
Here a list of programs you need to install before installing pyro2:
- python 2.7
Installing the code
The only step needed to install pyro2 is building the fortran source. In order to do that just go to the pyro2/ folder and execute
Executing the code
Go to the pyro2/ directory and make sure that the file interface.py exists. If that is the case just execute the following command:
Using the interface
Running a new simulation
You can run a new simulation in five easy steps:
- In the menu select “Run a new simulation”
- Choose a problem
- Choose the initial conditions
- Check if you want to save the outputs, images and/or plots
- Press the “Run!” button.
If you have chosen to save the outputs of a simulation, then you can load them selecting “Load snapshots” in the menu. This is specially useful when we are interested in showing the results without spending minutes running a new simulation. Here are six easy steps to display our snapshots:
- In the menu select “Load snapshots”
- Select one or more snapshots to display
- Depending on the solver used in the simulation, you are able select a property to display. In some cases the only property that can be displayed is density.
- You can move the “Time” slider to display different snapshots.
- When loading a shock problem the user is also allowed to generate radial plots.
- By pressing the “Play” button you can display the snapshots evolving in time, just like running a simulation.